You can download the resume of JON WES here.
EDUCATION: Associate of Science, Photography, May 2012, Southeast Center for Photographic Studies
Associate of Arts, May 2012, Daytona State College
Freelance Photographer, DP and Editor
(August 2008 - Present)
· Photograph under contract terms to produce dynamic and compelling imagery and visuals. Handle all aspects of business and commerce.
· Clients Include: Related Midwest, 32 Mile Media, Bow & Hammer, Alexa Grae, Conservation of Matter, The Voice Lab, Mozawa, R.R. Donnelley, School Specialty, Greystar Property Management, Ravenswood Community Services, Bishop Anderson House and Transformative Justice Law Project
Director of Photography and Editor, VAM STUDIO
(July 2017 - Present)
· Camera Operator and Director of Photography for VAM Studios
· Clients Include: Apple, KC Ortiz, Neverland, Phillip-Michael Scales, Illinois Humanities, Alphawood Gallery, Red Bull, Shea Couleé
Freelance First Assistant, Digital Tech, Photo Retoucher
(September 2013- Present)
Clients include: Billboard, Johnson & Johnson, Grubhub, Ace Hardware, Minute Maid, Kellogg’s, UIC, Barron‘s, Holly Hunt, Zostavax, Groupon, People Magazine, Nike, HBF, Mb Financial, Gary Lee Partners, Ritz Carlton, Tom Stringer Design Partners, Walgreens, Gatorade, Microsoft Xbox, Goose Island, Chicago Magazine, Starcom Mediavest, Rush Orthopedics, Northwestern Memorial etc.
· Assisting: Krystina Archer, Nick Collura, Austin Hargrave, Shoot to Kill NYC, Callie Lipkin, Chris Cassidy, Bob Stefko, Lands End, Richard Izui, Bryan Helm, Jeff Delacruz, Chuck Blackburn, Tim Klein, Cynthia Lynn, Robert Tolchin, Jonathan Allen, Scott Bell, Steve Boyle, Jamie Padgett, Tyler Lundberg, Clayton Hauck, Darris Lee Harris and Dave Rentauskus
· Retouching: Land’s End, Richard Izui, Cynthia Lynn and Jamie Padgett & Company
· Digital Tech: Chicago Ideas Week, Evoke (Sears), Land’s End: MaryEllen Jenson, RR Donnelly, Tim Klein Photography, Cynthia Lynn Photography
· Work samples can be seen at [www.jonwes.com]
Production Assistant, MK Films
(January 2016 – Current)
· Clients Include: Dairy Queen, Wendy’s, Proactiv
· Manage production assets, film crew morale and studio equipment.
· Maintained client relations and studio operational efficiency.
Program Operations Specialist, Southeast Museum of Photography
(June 2011 – December 2013)
· Prepared, evaluated, packaged, processed and installed work for exhibition, delegated exhibition tasks to interns, handled exhibiting artist communication, historical photographic/art history research, archival processing and inventory, shipping and receiving, constant contact, video production, mailing and marketing proofing.
· Performed exhibition and work updates for museum archives and website.
· ASMP, APA, CAF
· Wonderful Machine, ASMP and ProGear Camera Rentals
· Love is the Law, 2011
· Snap! Orlando, Emerging Artist Exhibition, March 2012
· Departures, May 2012
· Daytona Beach News Journal, Press Release 2012
· Gallery 503, Illustration, May 2012
· Virtues and Vices, Self-Publication, January 2013
· Slenderbread Magazine, June/July, 2013 The Swimsuit Edition.
· Signs + Times, Self-Publication, January 2014
· Mozawa, Y-Portraits, August 2015
· Mozawa: Covers, January 2016
· Museum of Contemporary Art (Chicago, IL), April 2016
· Halation Magazine, May 2016
· Slight of Hand, Mozawa Video Performance, Foxhole (Chicago, IL) October, 2016
· A Dream Play, High Concept Laboratories Residency, March, 2017
· Sur La Nuit sponsored by OpenTV at the Art Institute of Chicago, March 2018